Quinoa is a vegan diet plan super food staple. Try this simple, low fat, complete protein steamed veggie stir fry vegan recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables (pre-cut chunks of any combination you like – carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, etc)
- 2 tablespoons of Bragg’s liquid aminos (natural soy alternative)
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener of your choice – Stevia, agave, or turbinado
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow onions and/or garlic
- (optional)pinch of chili pepper flakes (or season to taste if you prefer spicier flavor)
- In medium sauce pot, cook quinoa according to directions of the brand. (Usually for pre-soak & rinse quinoa, bring quinoa to a boil, then simmer for 15 mins and let stand.) Then set aside.
- Combine the Bragg’s, water, and sweetener in small mixing bowl to make the sauce, and set aside.
- In a medium to large frying pan, coat with vegetable oil.
- Sauté the yellow onions and/or garlic for 1-2 mins on medium-high heat.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the frying pan, pour the sauce over the vegetables, and sprinkle the chili pepper flakes if desired.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Serve mixed veggies over quinoa and pour a little of the sauce left in frying pan on top.