This Mexican “rice” is colorful and delicious without a single “bad” carb! No need for processed grains to be satisfied… all you need is cauliflower!
This healthy vegan recipe is made with raw cauliflower which is rich in fiber and nutrients, but if you want to add a more nutty flavor, try toasting the rice in the oven at 375F or on the stove in a sauté pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil until golden brown!
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Head, shredded 1 head
- Diced Tomato, canned 1 cup
- Yellow Onion, brunois 1/2 each
- Garlic cloves, minced 2 each
- Cilantro, minced 1/4 cup
- Jalapeno, brunoise 1 each (Optional)
- Tomato paste 1 Tbls
- Lime, juiced 1 each
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper ¼ teaspoon or to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Sanitize all work areas, cutting boards,
equipment and sinks used in the preparation of this
2. Process raw cauliflower in a food processor, pulsing a few times, until achieving rice consistency. DO NOT OVERPROCESS. Another option is to use a kitchen shredder. Using a cheese cloth, squeeze the water out of the rice. Set aside in a mixing bowl and add cumin, garlic powder and onion powder.
3. Process tomatoes and tomato paste in the food processor until smooth and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a sauté pan, medium high. Sauté the onions until translucent.
4.Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and brunoise jalapenos and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes, cook for a few minutes until reduce by 2/3.
6. Stir in the cauliflower rice and cilantro, squeeze half lime and mix. Season with salt and pepper.