Making Love Out of Nothing at All…
We used what was on hand to create an exotic salad of, “Hearty Black Kale, Tender Baby Spinach and Sweet Basil, along with Baby Black Lentils and a Dusting of Cashews, Sweet Raspberries and Mango topped with our fabulous Rosemary Croutons, finished with a bright Shallot Vinaigrette!
Black Kale and Spinach Salad with Baby Black Lentils and a Dusting of Cashews, Sweet Raspberries and Mango with Rosemary Croutons and a Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 large handfulls chopped Black Kale
- 2 small handfulls baby spinach
- 10-12 torn leaves of fresh Basil
- 3/4 cup baby black lentils
- 1 large mango diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 4 tbsp cashew dust..(ground cashews)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 handful of Rasberries to top
- Rosemary croutons to garnish (see Kale Salad reicpe at CallicoonKitchen.com for rosemary croutons)
- 3/8 cup minced shallot
- 3/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave nectar
Place all in a sealed jar and shake well..refrigerate unused portion.
Directions for salad…combine the 3 different greens in a large mixing bowl..add mango, onion and red pepper and drizzle with dressing to coat..season with salt and pepper..arrange on a plate and top with black lentils and Rasberries ..sprinkle with cashew dust and top with croutons.
Tips: Do not overdress salad. In place of raspberries you can substitute blackberries or blueberries.
Latest posts by Ron Badach (see all)
- Tropical Baby Potato Salad with Papaya Vinaigrette - April 30, 2018
- Asian Glass Noodle Salad - March 6, 2018
- Gourmet Vegan Red Quinoa and Black Bean Chili - February 7, 2018
- Spinach Dumplings with a Tangy Twist - December 21, 2017
- Tropical Kale Salad: A Tantalizing Summer Dish - August 12, 2017