Spring is on it’s way, and along with it comes inspiration for intriguing new vegan recipes!
If you’re ready to set aside the casseroles and stews, and dig into a hearty salad, this recipe from Callicoon Kitchen provides the perfect bridge from winter to summer with hearty cold-weather flavors in a light, slightly spicy dressing. More proof that salads don’t have to be boring and predictable!
Chilled Asian Glass Noodle Salad
- 6 ounces cooked Asian Glass Noodles, chilled
- 5-6 Turkish figs – chopped
- 1 small handful organic microgreens
- 1/2 peeled and diced raw golden beet
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato cooled and diced
- 2 Tbs Austrian pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
In a large mixing bowl add the chilled noodles, figs, beets and sweet potato one at a time, mixing well after each. Add pumpkin seeds and micro greens, then finish with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and pepper flakes. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.
Latest posts by Ron Badach (see all)
- Tropical Baby Potato Salad with Papaya Vinaigrette - April 30, 2018
- Asian Glass Noodle Salad - March 6, 2018
- Gourmet Vegan Red Quinoa and Black Bean Chili - February 7, 2018
- Spinach Dumplings with a Tangy Twist - December 21, 2017
- Tropical Kale Salad: A Tantalizing Summer Dish - August 12, 2017