Spring is on it’s way, and along with it comes inspiration for intriguing new vegan recipes!
If you’re ready to set aside the casseroles and stews, and dig into a hearty salad, this recipe from Callicoon Kitchen provides the perfect bridge from winter to summer with hearty cold-weather flavors in a light, slightly spicy dressing. More proof that salads don’t have to be boring and predictable!
Chilled Asian Glass Noodle Salad
- 6 ounces cooked Asian Glass Noodles, chilled
- 5-6 Turkish figs – chopped
- 1 small handful organic microgreens
- 1/2 peeled and diced raw golden beet
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato cooled and diced
- 2 Tbs Austrian pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
In a large mixing bowl add the chilled noodles, figs, beets and sweet potato one at a time, mixing well after each. Add pumpkin seeds and micro greens, then finish with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and pepper flakes. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.