Summer cookouts are just around the corner. Impress your guests with this light spin on a vegan potato salad!
Relax in the sun and watch this unconventional potato salad disappear while the boring, fat-laden macaroni salad sits untouched at your next get-together.
Tropical Baby Potato Salad with Papaya Vinaigrette
Ingredients for dressing
- 1/2 cup papaya, cubed
- 1 Tbs fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp papaya seeds
- 3 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Blend all dressing in a food processor. Refrigerate for at least one hour and shake well before serving.
Ingredients for potato salad
- 24 ounces petite baby potato, halved, cooked al dente, and cooled
- 1 small bulb of fennel with stems, sliced thin
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 scallions (white and green), sliced thin
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 small handful organic micro greens
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and fold together. Gently coat with papaya dressing and mix well. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve immediately.