This unique gourmet vegan recipe for Tropical Kale Salad is made with sweet kiwi, macadamia nuts, and mango, and is topped with a bright tangerine vinaigrette is super simple to make!
Full of brilliant colors and packed with a variety of nutrients, this tropical kale salad is a perfect vegan dish to serve in the sizzling months of summer.
Refreshing and satisfying, this salad is also gorgeous to look at. You’re sure to receive tons of compliments on the presentation alone. And then when you and your guests dive in, the flavors will tantalize taste buds!
In case you are wary of eating too much fruit, check out the post, Adopting a Healthy Vegan Diet Plan: The Fruit vs. Sugar Confusion. Ella gives you all the info you need to feel good about nourishing your body with fruit.
Tropical Lacinato Kale Salad with Sweet Kiwi, Macadamia Nuts, Mango, and a Bright Tangerine Vinaigrette
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 Large handfuls Lacinato kale chopped
- 1 small handful organic pea shoots chopped
- 1/4 red onion thin sliced
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 Kiwi sliced
- 1/2 mango thin sliced
- 8 heirloom baby tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup Rosemary croutons cubed
- 6 assorted olives
- chia seeds for garnish
Ingredients for Tangerine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup juice of tangerines and zest of 1 Tangerine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
Directions for dressing
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except olive oil. Whisk well. Slowly drizzle and whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Directions for Salad
In a large mixing bowl combine kale, pea shoots and onion. Serve in a chilled plate. Evenly distribute macadamia nuts, kiwi, tomato, croutons and olives evenly between both plates. Top with sliced mango and garnish with his seeds. Drizzle on tangerine vinaigrette and serve immediately
Tips: Baby Spinach can be substituted for Kale. Pecans can also be substituted for macadamia nuts. Be sure to serve chilled.
*Like this recipe? Check out more of my creative, gourmet vegan recipes!
Latest posts by Ron Badach (see all)
- Gourmet Vegan Red Quinoa and Black Bean Chili - February 7, 2018
- Spinach Dumplings with a Tangy Twist - December 21, 2017
- Tropical Kale Salad: A Tantalizing Summer Dish - August 12, 2017
- Succulent Fajita Spiced Grilled Vegetable Kebabs - July 11, 2017
- Gourmet Vegan Pesto Pasta with Cauliflower Meatballs - May 11, 2017