Let me share exactly how we came to decide the topic of “What’s Love Got to Do With It” for our latest The Vegan Life Coach Podcast episode (this is my text conversation with Stephanie)…
*Links mentioned in the episode are at the bottom of this page.
Ella: The episode will be 5 days from Valentine’s Day… in case anything comes to mind related to Vday…
Stephanie: V-day is a made up holiday designed by Hallmark and Russell Stovers to make us spend money and eat candy?
E: Totally😆- so should we ignore it or challenge it?
S: Well, will we seem like the valentine equivalent of grinches or Scrooges if we challenge?
E: If we aren’t organized with our thoughts probably!
S: Maybe we could share alternative ways to celebrate…
Whether you think “Valentine’s Day is a made-up holiday designed by Hallmark and Russell Stovers to make us spend money and eat candy,” or not, most of us can agree that love is something we all want and need in our lives.
The holiday can be a source of joy or a source of stress and grief for different people at different points in their lives. If you’re single and don’t want to be, or you’ve recently had a tough break-up for example.
The holiday can also cause strife between partners when they have different expectations for each other in terms of how it should be celebrated.
In this episode we encourage you to try an alternative way to celebrate Valentine’s Day that could spread love to yourself and the world in more meaningful ways that bring you a deeper sense of fulfillment. Things like…
- Donate/volunteer (e.g. Hogs & Kisses Farm Sanctuary)
- Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself (or write a love letter to yourself)
- Random acts of kindness
Sending you all lots of love!
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Take Our New Going Vegan Quiz HERE!
CONNECT WITH US!
Grab the valuable gift we have for you HERE.
Have a question you’d like us to answer, or feedback you’d like to give us (we love hearing from you!)? Leave us a voice (or written) message HERE.
Interested in receiving a free coaching session to air on an upcoming episode? Apply HERE.
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Vegan Life Coaching 101: Coaching vs. Therapy (EP 46: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 23, 2021
- To Get Sh*t Done Like a Boss Lady, Let Go of THIS! (EP 45: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 16, 2021
- What’s Love Got to Do With It (EP 44: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 9, 2021
- Creating Unity Among Vegans (EP 43: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 2, 2021
- Picking Your Battles (EP 42: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - January 26, 2021