Mint Chip Banana Nice Cream… Say Goodbye to Dairy and Guilt!
For all you ice cream lovers out there, its time to jump on the banana nice cream train. Simple, smooth and creamy, this healthy vegan, low fat dessert can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Using bananas as the base, other fruits, super foods and essential oils can be blended in for a completely different flavor and texture. This is the ultimate “guilt-free” treat that everyone must try…Finally it’s ok to have ice cream for breakfast.
Yield: 2 cups, 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes
Prepare ahead: freeze bananas
Equipment: high-power juicer or blender
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 drops Peppermint YLEO
Push frozen bananas through a high-power juicer fitted with the blank plate to homogenize the fruit. It will be the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Alternatively, use a high-power blender with the tamper, or a food processor, adding liquid as needed for blending.
Serve with toppings such as chopped nuts, fruit, shredded coconut, cacao nibs, or chocolate sauce.
Using bananas as the base, other frozen fruits can be added in such as mangoes or berries.
Latest posts by Dani Lynch (see all)
- Give your heart a healthy boost this Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2017
- Get Your Glow On This Weekend with the Weekend Glow Kale Salad - April 15, 2016
- Green Smoothies: Why and How? - April 4, 2016
- Mint Chip Banana Nice Cream - March 15, 2016
- Omega 3 Triple Power Pudding - March 1, 2016