Here’s a little trivia question for you… What do Albert Einstein, Lady Gaga, Leonardo DiVinci, and Frida Khalo have in common? They all benefited from a daily journaling practice. The fact is, I could fill this episode with a long list of recognizable people spanning centuries and in all walks of life who have implemented journaling into their daily routines.
*Links mentioned in the episode are at the bottom of this page.
- According to a study conducted at Harvard, implementing a practice of journaling can increase productivity. The reason behind this is that an experience itself is not where learning and growth occur. It is, rather, reflecting on the experience that actually produces the learning and growth.
- Another study conducted at Cambridge University found journaling improves overall well-being after traumatic and stressful events. Participants were asked to write about such events for 15–20 minutes resulted in improvements in both physical and psychological health.
- Other studies have found that journaling decreases emotional distress, improves sleep, helps us cope more effectively with daily stress, decreases intrusive and avoidant thoughts, and improves communication skills.
- If you hear no other tip from me today about journaling, hear this one: Forget all the rules about journaling and just do what works for you. There is no ideal time of day except what is ideal for you. Format doesn’t matter except what matters to you. How much time and space should you devote? You guessed it…whatever works for you. The point is, there is no right or wrong way to journal. How you journal is much less important than why you are doing it: To get something off your chest. To have quiet time with your thoughts. To clarify those thoughts. To separate the harmful from the insightful. To prepare for the day ahead and review the day that passed. To practice gratitude in a tangible way. And your WHY is personal and unique to you. So, I’ll say it again for the people in the back: There’s no right way or wrong way.
The Daily Dosing of Self-Coaching Segment begins at 13:55.
CONNECT WITH US!
Interested in working with us? Email [email protected]
Check out our new FREE Master Class!
Take Our New Going Vegan Quiz HERE!
Grab the valuable gift we have for you HERE.
Have a question you’d like us to answer, or feedback you’d like to give us (we love hearing from you!)? Leave us a voice (or written) message HERE.
Interested in receiving a free coaching session to air on an upcoming episode? Apply HERE.
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Dear Introverts… - July 1, 2022
- Burn-Out, Insomnia, Psychedelics & More [An Intimate Share💖] - May 5, 2022
- Time to Celebrate! (EP 100: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - March 29, 2022
- Leveling Up to Solutionary Veganism (EP 99: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - March 1, 2022
- The Art and Science of Journaling (EP 98: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 22, 2022