Spring into Detox Salad is CRUNCHY, SWEET and SAVORY, and is the perfect easy vegan recipe to make when your body is craving nutrients, and you need a nice and hearty salad to fill you up!
I have read that cabbage has many health benefits since it is packed with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients; cabbage is said to be helpful with weight loss, skin care / premature aging, purifying the blood, removing toxins, and the list goes on and on and on… with all that being said, I’ll have more cabbage… PRONTO! The veggies in this healthful, satisfying salad are tossed in a delicious creamy peanut sauce with a ton of ginger which is soothing to the stomach, reduces inflammation in the body, and may even help relieve muscle soreness. This special dish is topped off with sesame seeds, a great source of a variety of minerals, vitamins, and fiber. Colorful, nutrient rich, and easy to make… give this delightful recipe a try to welcome in the spring time!
Spring Into Detox Salad
- 1 heaping cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 heaping cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 heaping cup chopped kale
- 3-4 sliced radishes
- 2-3 ribs of celery, diced
- A hearty 2-3 inch chunk of ginger, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds (topping)
Blend together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Toss the veggies in the dressing and top with toasted sesame seeds. Eat it all up and reap the benefits!
Hope you love it as much as I do!