Fueling your body with healthy, nutrient dense, plant-based calories before an intense training session helps me get the most out of my workout…
One thing I am not however, is a gourmet chef! I don’t spend all day in the kitchen experimenting with food. I like things quick and easy. However, one cannot live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches alone. Believe me, I’ve tried!
I need nutrient and calorie dense meals to fuel my heavy training sessions, otherwise I’ll end up eating Oreos all day.
Next time you need a calorie dense, nutrient packed meal try this recipe I got from my friend, registered dietitian, Matt Ruscigno.
1. Mash 3 bananas
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
3. Add one medium diced apple
Mix it all together and go!
Fat: 17.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 112 grams
Fiber: 15.5 grams
Protein: 12.5 grams
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty recipe and be sure to let me know after you’ve tried it!
Stay Strong AND Healthy!
Latest posts by Scott Shetler (see all)
- The Veg Effect - June 20, 2016
- Introduction to Qigong Part 2: Applications and Styles. - April 28, 2016
- Introduction to Qigong Part 1: What is Qigong? - March 25, 2016
- Breathe from your abdomen for optimal health and relaxation. - December 24, 2015
- Blend Your Breakfast for Fast and Simple Nutrition! - October 29, 2015