This gourmet vegan pesto pasta with cauliflower meatballs dish is a hit at dinner parties!
Spring is here, and with the season comes the desire for refreshing, light, yet satisfying meals. This vegan recipe fits the bill perfectly! Cauliflower is all the craze at the moment due to it’s versatility, dense composition of nutrients, and low number of calories. Made with nutrient dense whole food ingredients, this gourmet vegan meal is one you will be proud of!
Bucatini Pasta with a Springtime Asparagus Walnut Pesto Topped with a Spicy Cauliflower Meatball
Ingredients for Pesto/Pasta
- 1 lb steamed asparagus
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. Bucatini Pasta
Ingredients for Cauliflower “Meatballs”
- 1/4 head steamed cauliflower chopped and cooled
- 1 cup cooked and cooled whole wheat couscous
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup V Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for pesto in a food processor and put on high setting and allow all ingredients to blend well. Add a little extra oil if pesto is too thick.
- For the Cauliflower “Meatballs” combine all ingredients except couscous into a food processor and mix well.
- Transfer to a large bowl and fold in couscous.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Roll into tiny meatballs and heat a non stick pan on low/medium heat coated with oil.
- Gently allow meatballs to brown on all sides turning every minute.
- Mix pasta with pesto and garnish with crushed walnuts.
- Top with a meatball or two and enjoy!
- If “meatballs” are too dry add more pumpkin.
- If mixture is too wet add additional Breadcrumbs.
- Keep the balls small so they cook through quickly.
Latest posts by Ron Badach (see all)
- Tropical Baby Potato Salad with Papaya Vinaigrette - April 30, 2018
- Asian Glass Noodle Salad - March 6, 2018
- Gourmet Vegan Red Quinoa and Black Bean Chili - February 7, 2018
- Spinach Dumplings with a Tangy Twist - December 21, 2017
- Tropical Kale Salad: A Tantalizing Summer Dish - August 12, 2017