This healthy, easy vegan recipe has become one of my lunch staples because it’s so clean and quick to make.
In fact, I’m eating it right now as I write this! I also like having it for lunch because I leave out onion and garlic and as much as I LOVE these ingredients, I don’t love having their remnants stick with me the rest of the day.
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley (I like the curly but the Italian parsley works as well)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (salt free), drained
- 1/2-1 Haas avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, parsley, chickpeas, and avocado. Toss. Eat!
It doesn’t get much easier than that. If you like a little spice you can also add a bit of cayenne pepper. Unlike most salads, this one tastes fine the next day if you have leftovers, just make sure to put it in a sealed container so the avocado doesn’t turn dark and ruin the aesthetics of this delicious vegan dish. Hope you enjoy this addition to your vegan diet plan as much as me!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- 4 Steps for a Vegan Thanksgiving to Remember (Forget Surviving… Thrive!) - November 20, 2019
- Mindful Eating: Why and How - July 29, 2019
- My Story in a Nutshell - July 29, 2019
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019