This easy vegan recipe is incredibly satisfying, high in vegan protein, easy and quick to make, AND packed with nutrients!
I used Expore Asian’s Mung Bean and Edamame Fettuccine, which is not only high in protein, but also high in fiber and low in carbohydrates. Any pasta can be used however, if you don’t have this particular pasta. I discovered Banza Chickpea Pasta the other week and it’s amazing, tasting more like “regular” pasta than the Mung Bean and Edamame one. There are quite a few whole grain, even sprouted whole grain varieties of pasta on the market that are healthier then traditional white pasta and will work with this recipe. I’m all for you using my recipe as a starting point, and playing around with it based on the ingredients you have available and your taste!
Protein Fettuccine with Peas and Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1/2 a package Mung Bean & Edamame Fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add the fettuccine and frozen peas and bring back to boil, cooking for 5-7 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain and rinse.
- Put the pot back on the stove, turning the temperature to medium.
- Add the olive oil and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice, and continue to saute.
- When the spinach begins to wilt, add the basil, parsley, and capers, and saute for another minute.
- Add the pasta and peas back into the pot and mix with the sauce until hot.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
If you try any modifications let us know how it turns out!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- 4 Steps for a Vegan Thanksgiving to Remember (Forget Surviving… Thrive!) - November 20, 2019
- Mindful Eating: Why and How - July 29, 2019
- My Story in a Nutshell - July 29, 2019
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019