I recently had the pleasure of trying Nosoya’s latest baked tofu flavor, “Chipotle.”
This product gets the Sexy Fit Vegan stamp of approval as a healthy and delicious addition to your vegan diet plan!
As the company says, this TofuBaked flavor is “smoky and spicy with a touch of heat.” I would say its between mild and medium on the spiciness scale, so if you like intense heat, you can simply add some of your favorite hot sauce. This tofu makes a perfect addition to salads, sandwiches, and Mexican dishes like the taco salad below. I also love it because you can eat it as a high vegan protein snack as well. Just one piece has 8 grams of protein (there are 4 pieces per package). I’m always looking for new go-to savory vegan snacks, especially to eat right away after working out, and the TofuBaked products meet this need perfectly.
From the package I got, I ate two of the pieces as-is, without even heating them up, enjoying the flavorful snack after an intense training session. The other two pieces I used to create a new, easy vegan recipe for a taco salad to share with you!
Chipotle Taco Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper of choice, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 Tbsp salsa of choice
- 2 pieces Nasoya Chipotle TofuBaked, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegan sour cream* (optional)
- Beanitos Chips or chips of choice* (optional)
In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, black beans, tomato, cucumber, avocado, bell pepper, black olives and salsa (the salsa takes the place of dressing). Serve onto plate(s) and top with the tofu and a dollop of vegan sour cream. Line the edge of the plate with Beanitos chips or chips of choice. Enjoy!
*Tofutti and Vegan Gourmet both make one, or you can make your own such as this one from Food.com.
*Beanitos are a great alternative to regular corn chips because they are made from beans and have more protein and fiber.
For more high protein vegan products and simple recipes make sure to check out the How To Go Vegan Beginner’s Guide.
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Lessons from “Those People” Who Walk Their Dogs in Strollers - April 29, 2019
- How to Change the Stories Keeping You Stuck to Turn Your Dreams Into Reality - March 4, 2019
- You Do NOT Have to Go to Work Today! - January 7, 2019
- Forget Resolutions… Try This! - December 22, 2018
- Forgiveness: Your Ticket to Freedom in 2019 - December 14, 2018