I chose to feature this vegan Quinoa, Broccoli, and Kale Curry recipe by Yasmin Fahr because it is, as she describes, a “One-Pot Wonder!”
This easy vegan recipe is simple, highly nutritious, and extremely satisfying. Quinoa, broccoli, and kale are all super foods packed with loads of vitamins, minerals, and protein. And cumin is not just another spice… it’s also thought to aid in digestion and is high in magnesium and iron. So eat up and enjoy!
About This Recipe
|ACTIVE TIME:||30 minutes|
|TOTAL TIME:||30 minutes|
|THIS RECIPE APPEARS IN:||One-Pot Wonders: Vegan Quinoa, Broccoli, and Kale Curry|
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets, stems trimmed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, stems trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (I use Celtic sea salt)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup quinoa, pre-rinsed or washed
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock or store-bought low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups lacinato or curly kale, leaves removed from the stalks and cut into 1-inch ribbons
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup microgreens, such as sunflower (optional)
- Heat the 1 ½ tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until lightly browned and just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pot, and return to medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the curry powder and cumin, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the quinoa and toast until lightly fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, and adjust the heat to maintain an active boil for exactly 9 minutes. Stir in the kale until wilted and add the vegetables until they are finished cooking, about 2 minutes more. Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with the cilantro and greens (if using) and serve.
Photograph: Yasmin Fahr
The following two tabs change content below.
extremely healthy recipes that are made with few ingredients. Her recipes are quick, easy, and delicious. Anna's goal is for her recipes to be loved by everyone... not just health-nuts! She's thrilled to share her secrets with Sexy Fit Vegan readers. She is passionate about spreading the idea of "one love for all beings", and hopes her recipes can bring people together to live in harmony with animals and the earth.
Latest posts by Anna (see all)
- Vegan Banana Crumb Muffins - February 7, 2017
- Vegan Quinoa, Broccoli, and Kale Curry - February 21, 2015