“I just called to say I love you!” Our BLACK QUINOA, CAULIFLOWER and GOLDEN LENTIL BURGER with an ASIAN PEAR SLAW and HOISIN KETCHUP is a Possible Addition to Plant-Based Superstar “Little Stevie’s” Burger Rotation…and may just have you feeling like…SIR DUKE!
Ingredients for Burgers
- 1 cup cooked Black Quinoa
- 3/4 cup cooked Golden Lentils
- 1/2 cup diced steamed Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup diced Orange Pepper sautéed and cooled
- 1 cup cooked Shiitake mushroom chopped
- 1/2 cup diced shallots sautéed and cooled
- 3/4 -1 cup V Breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp pure pumpkin
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
Ingredients for Slaw
- 1/2 Asian Pear..thin sliced
- 1/2 lime juice and zest
- 1/4 medium red onion thin sliced
- few sprigs chopped cilantro
- 1/4 orange pepper thin sliced
- 1/4 bulb of fennel thin sliced
- splash rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for slaw
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Directions for Burgers
In a large bowl starting with Quinoa..add each ingredient and incorporate well after each. Mixture should hold together well and not be too wet or dry. Form into patties. Heat a well greased grill medium heat and cook approx 3 minutes per side. Burgers should show grill marks…Enjoy!
Tips: Avocado Or Guacamole make a terrific topping addition. Serve with crispy sweet potato fries. Do not overheat grill.