Don’t worry… if you’re invited to a bbq and you’re eating vegan just follow my lead!
Independence Day is just the kick-off to a BBQ-filled summer for many of us… which to me, means a super fun times with my friends and loved ones!
Have you ever experienced something like this? As you are being invited to a BBQ, the invitation ends with an uncomfortable, “Oh yeah, but you don’t eat meat!” Sometimes it even seems like the person feels badly about having even asked! But here’s the deal… A BBQ does not have to be synonymous with a meat-eating extravaganza! I look at BBQs as an opportunity to spend time with friends, meet new people, play volleyball (there is often a beach v-ball court around here in South Beach), have a few drinks, a lot of laughs, and share my vegan lifestyle simply by being present and being me!
So when I am invited to a BBQ, I get the details first because for me, a pig skewered over a fire pit is simply beyond the boundaries of what I am able to handle! (But for some of you who are vegan strictly for the health benefits, this might not be a problem!) Then, if I accept the invitation, I of course offer to bring some food, which is never turned down. And the friend usually realizes at that point that they are also planning on cooking up some veggies anyway!
Since I am not much of a cook however, I usually grab veggie burgers and vegan hot dogs to bring, as well as baby carrots, celery (I chop ahead of time) and hummus. My top vegan picks to bring are:
– Amy’s California & Bistro Burgers (Great tasting, satisfying to meat-eaters and vegans alike, plus the California one is gluten free!
– Gardenburger Black Bean Chipotle (love adding avocado to this one)
– Lightlife Jumbo Smart Dogs (Perfect hot dog sub and Gluten Free as well!)
– Vegenaise, Low Fat (Texture and taste are both fantastic.)
– Daiya Cheese Slices (cheddar, provolone, and swiss options.)
Believe it or not both the faux meats and the veggies and hummus are almost always a hit at the party!
Now relax & have a blast!!!
And if anyone has links to recipes you have tried and love, feel free to post a comment to share!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Veganuary-Inspired Q&A (EP 41: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - January 19, 2021
- Vegan Tri Guys on Veganism, Chronic Fatigue, & Following Your Passion (EP 40: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - January 12, 2021
- Hacking Your Happy Chemicals (EP 39: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - January 5, 2021
- A Refreshing Take on New Year’s Resolutions (EP 38: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - December 29, 2020
- Moderation… What’s That? (EP 37: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - December 22, 2020