This easy vegan soup recipe was created by my own mother on her last trip to visit me.
My mom is not much of a chef (she would tell you that herself), but when she comes to visit she seems inspired to make soups that always turn out amazing. She goes for the most simple, uncomplicated vegan recipes possible, which makes them all the more appealing. This trip she was feelin’ some vegan chicken noodle soup and it turned out fantastic! She’s all about comfort foods and this recipe definitely qualifies as one to cure a craving for comfort.
If you are trying to keep your pasta/flour intake low, you can always substitute the orzo for chickpea pasta or edamame and mung bean pasta. Another option is using quinoa (I haven’t tried it but I’m guessing it would work well).
Here is her recipe…
No-Chicken Noodle Vegan Soup
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package of Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken Strips – cut into little pieces
- 1 32-oz box of organic vegetable broth (low sodium if possible)
- a touch of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- dash of hot sauce of choice (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a little olive oil on medium/medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the Beyond Meat pieces and saute for another 3-4 minutes. Add the vegetable broth. Add the parsley, thyme, a dash of hot sauce (or whatever seasoning you like), and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil and add 1/2 cup uncooked orzo or pasta of choice. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
Tip: This is one of those soups that tastes even better when heated up the next day!
The following two tabs change content below.
23-year vegan veteran, Ella Magers founded Sexy Fit Vegan® in 2012 to bring veganism into the mainstream. Ella runs a transformational coaching program that empowers clients to build a healthy relationship with food, their bodies, and themselves as they create a fit, vegan life they love! Check out her FREE Master Class: https://sexyfitvegan.com/masterclass
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019
- Lessons from “Those People” Who Walk Their Dogs in Strollers - April 29, 2019
- How to Change the Stories Keeping You Stuck to Turn Your Dreams Into Reality - March 4, 2019
- You Do NOT Have to Go to Work Today! - January 7, 2019