After years of research and experimentation, I want to share with you the Sexy Fit Vegan menu guidelines I have created for myself, that allow me to be strong, lean, energetic, perform at my best, and simply feel good from the inside out!
I am realistic with my guide. For example, ideally, I would love to be 100% gluten free, but given I don’t have an intolerance, I eat things with gluten every now and then and don’t beat myself up about it. I have also kept it as simple as possible. Personally, I don’t count calories. If I follow this guide, and EAT SLOWLY, stopping when I’m full or just before, I can give my body what it needs, not more, not less. This takes practice though. If you have been eating processed foods, your body is all out of whack and will need some time to get its bearings straight and for your mind to connect with your system in a way that gives you this luxury. So until that happens, it may be best to keep a food log and take the time to figure out how to create a diet that is nutrient dense, contains lots of variety, meets your protein and other caloric and nutrient needs.
MY BASIC VEGAN MENU GUIDELINES:
- 3-4 Meals (solid &/or blended) + 1 Fresh Green Juice/Day
- Eat tons of dark leafy greens & other veggies daily (make sure a portion of them are RAW)
- Primarily Gluten Free
- Primarily Organic (Organic whenever the option is available.)
- Low in Grains (Counting quinoa and buckwheat as grain-like SEEDS. The more active you are, the more you may need whole grains to fuel you!)
- Variety of Raw Seeds & Nuts Daily in Moderation, soaked & sprouted when possible
- Soy in Moderation- ALWAYS ORGANIC (& non GMO)
- Legumes– Soak & Sprout When Possible
- A piece of fruit makes a great snack. Eat fruit on its own (not at the same time as other foods) when possible
- Smoothies and Protein Shakes are great ways to get lots of nutrients into your body. Kale & spinach can be added to them without changing their flavor! Hemp seeds and flax meal are also powerful super foods to add to shakes/smoothies. Raw vegan organic protein powders, can also be good if you are on the go (add water in a shaker bottle and you have a perfect snack.)
- Take a B-12 Supplement
So wherever you are in your journey to a healthy, plant based diet, consider these guidelines when planning your meals for the day and week. If this is new for you, “winging it” will not work. Its going to take effort, but with your goal in front of you, your motivation within you, and your support system surrounding you, you CAN DO IT!!!!!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019
- Lessons from “Those People” Who Walk Their Dogs in Strollers - April 29, 2019
- How to Change the Stories Keeping You Stuck to Turn Your Dreams Into Reality - March 4, 2019
- You Do NOT Have to Go to Work Today! - January 7, 2019