Chronic inflammation can be one of the main underlying causes of illness and disease. It can also cause premature aging and weight gain.
The truth of the matter is, reducing inflammation in your body can literally save your life.
The good news is that there are some simple ways to prevent and treat inflammation. In a nutshell, eating a whole-foods, fiber rich, nutrient-dense vegan diet is synonymous with an anti-inflammatory diet!
Let’s first look at the top inflammation-causing foods that we need to eliminate from our diets. Chicken and eggs are the top sources of arachidonic acid in the diet, an omega 6 fatty acid involved in our body’s inflammatory response. Trans and Saturated fats, found in meats, especially deli meats, highly processed oils such as canola, safflower, and corn oils, some margarines are among the top culprits of inflammation. Dairy products cause an inflammatory response in the body, as do processed sugars and grains, table salt, and alcohol.
Eating a variety of vegetables and fruits is the best way to fight inflammation in our bodies. Here is a list of some of the foods that have been found to have particularly strong anti-inflammatory effects:
- Chia seeds (crushed to make them more bioavailable (easier for your body to use))
- Cooked white mushrooms
- Cruciferous Vegetables (broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, cauliflower)
- Green Tea
- Sweet potatoes
It is also important to avoid allergens in order to reduce inflammation. Gluten, dairy, and peanuts are a few common allergen examples.
Finally, regular exercise is important to ward off inflammation.
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Mindful Eating: Why and How - July 29, 2019
- My Story in a Nutshell - July 29, 2019
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019
- Lessons from “Those People” Who Walk Their Dogs in Strollers - April 29, 2019