I used to think making your own vegan nut milk was only for people who enjoyed spending lots of time in the kitchen…
I was way wrong!
Nut milk is quick and easy to make, and cashew milk is the quickest and easiest of them all!
Why? Because you don’t even have to strain the milk like you do with most other types like almond milk or Brazil nut milk (my favorite in terms of taste).
Here is the easy vegan recipe I live by and a quick video demo I made:
Easy Cashew Milk
- 64 oz (8 cups) filtered water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 2-10 hours
- 6 Medjool dates, soaked 2+ hours or 3 date rolls (I find these in the bulk section of Whole Foods & they’re much cheaper than the whole dates)
- 2-4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional cinnamon to taste
*Use organic when possible.
Combine all the ingredients in your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend thoroughly (work your way up to the highest speed and wait 30 sec-1 min.
Store in mason jars in the fridge. Lasts 3-4 days if you keep it in mason jars.
Enjoy on it’s own or in smoothies. Cashew milk also makes a great bedtime snack!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- How to Change the Stories Keeping You Stuck to Turn Your Dreams Into Reality - March 4, 2019
- You Do NOT Have to Go to Work Today! - January 7, 2019
- Forget Resolutions… Try This! - December 22, 2018
- Forgiveness: Your Ticket to Freedom in 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Why Self-Love is the Ultimate Gift to the World - December 8, 2018