I used to think making your own vegan nut milk was only for people who enjoyed spending lots of time in the kitchen…
I was way wrong!
Nut milk is quick and easy to make, and cashew milk is the quickest and easiest of them all!
Why? Because you don’t even have to strain the milk like you do with most other types like almond milk or Brazil nut milk (my favorite in terms of taste).
Here is the easy vegan recipe I live by and a quick video demo I made:
Easy Cashew Milk
- 64 oz (8 cups) filtered water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 2-10 hours
- 6 Medjool dates, soaked 2+ hours or 3 date rolls (I find these in the bulk section of Whole Foods & they’re much cheaper than the whole dates)
- 2-4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional cinnamon to taste
*Use organic when possible.
Combine all the ingredients in your Vitamix or other high speed blender and blend thoroughly (work your way up to the highest speed and wait 30 sec-1 min.
Store in mason jars in the fridge. Lasts 3-4 days if you keep it in mason jars.
Enjoy on it’s own or in smoothies. Cashew milk also makes a great bedtime snack!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Vegan Life Coaching 101: Coaching vs. Therapy (EP 46: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 23, 2021
- To Get Sh*t Done Like a Boss Lady, Let Go of THIS! (EP 45: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 16, 2021
- What’s Love Got to Do With It (EP 44: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 9, 2021
- Creating Unity Among Vegans (EP 43: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 2, 2021
- Picking Your Battles (EP 42: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - January 26, 2021