If we overeat this Thanksgiving (or any other holiday for that matter), let’s at least overeat healthy dishes that we truly love!
It’s almost a given that, with a Thanksgiving feast in front of us, and tons of different dishes to try, we will over-fill our bellies… and then comes dessert (followed by food coma)! But what if the food we eat is actually good for us AND STILL tastes amazing? Then we get to wake up the next day with less guilt and less empty calories to burn off. We don’t need to go through that, “I guess I’ll wear leggings because my jeans are too tight” phase of the year November to January again this year. It’s 2015 and there are too many resources to help us stay fit and lean all year round without feeling like we are sacrificing to have excuses. No excuses, let’s enjoy the holidays in a new light this year!
Adding nutrient-dense veggies to the dinner table is one way to fill our bellies without spilling out of our jeans. In addition to being incredibly delicious, this nutrient-filled veggie dish exercises the power of simplicity… It has only five ingredients and is easy to prepare. You can eat it knowing Brussels Sprouts are a great source of Vitamin C, fiber, folate, and anti-oxidants.
This is just one of the over 100 simple, healthy, delicious recipes from my new book, The Six Weeks To Sexy Abs Meal Plan. (ordering now available – have it in time to plan for Christmas dinner & to reach your goals in the New Year! Get it HERE.)
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Prep time: 5 minutes
Creation time: 25–35 minutes
- 2 cups (175 g) Brussels sprouts, quartered or halved depending on size
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnut pieces
- 1½ –2 tbsp (24–30 ml) melted coconut oil (refined)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC).
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters, or halves if they are small, and place them on a baking tray. Sprinkle sea salt over them and add the walnuts.
- Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the Brussels and walnuts and bake for at least 20 to 30 minutes, until browned and slightly crispy.
Here’s a glimpse at a few of the other whole foods, plant-based, delectable recipes from the book 🙂
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- Dear Introverts… - July 1, 2022
- Burn-Out, Insomnia, Psychedelics & More [An Intimate Share💖] - May 5, 2022
- Time to Celebrate! (EP 100: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - March 29, 2022
- Leveling Up to Solutionary Veganism (EP 99: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - March 1, 2022
- The Art and Science of Journaling (EP 98: The Vegan Life Coach Podcast) - February 22, 2022