In this post, I want to quickly clear up some confusion many people have when it comes to "super foods."
You see and hear it all over the place these days... "Eat super foods for optimal health," "super foods for weight loss," "super foods to prevent cancer," but which foods qualify to be super foods? Everyone seems to have a different list of what these super foods actually are! It can be confusing and overwhelming to try to figure out which ones you should focus on incorporating into your diet.
Here's the cause of the confusion. "Super food," also sometimes written as one word, "superfood," is simply a marketing term used to claim spectacular health benefits from whatever food is being promoted. This is not to say that a food labeled a super food should be dismissed as one we should eat more of. It's simply something to be aware of so you can look at the true nutrition facts instead of just the hype.
I'm providing a list of the top 20 foods I consider to be super foods. Many of them can easily be added to your shakes and smoothies, others to soups, salads, and other easy to prepare dishes.
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Purple Cabbage
- Green Tea
- Flax Meal
- Sunflower Sprouts
- Sesame Seeds
For awesome recipes and meal plans that include these nutrient-packed foods join us in the SFV Club!
Latest posts by SexyFitVegan (see all)
- 3 Top Tips for Traveling Like a Sexy Fit Vegan Pro - June 10, 2019
- Why You’ll Never Arrive at Your Happy Place (And Why This is Good News!) - June 6, 2019
- Lessons from “Those People” Who Walk Their Dogs in Strollers - April 29, 2019
- How to Change the Stories Keeping You Stuck to Turn Your Dreams Into Reality - March 4, 2019
- You Do NOT Have to Go to Work Today! - January 7, 2019