We welcome contributions. Writing for us gives you an opportunity to reach a global audience, educate and inspire people all over the world, and help you achieve your professional dreams.
The Sexy Fit Vegan® website is all about conscious, healthy living. We like healthy recipes; personal essays about major transformations; advice pieces with actionable tips to improve health, happiness, relationships, communication, vegan beauty tips, and plant-based nutrition; pieces with specific yoga sequences or fitness routines. If it’s not about healthy living, it’s probably not for us.
- Recipes: Start with a short paragraph about how you serve the dish or why it’s one of your faves. In the recipe, please include serving size, ingredients (with measurements), clear prep directions, and a photo.
- Yoga/workout/fitness: Provide specific instruction on how to complete the activity. Assume your reader is fit but new to this particular exercise. Include photos or a three-minute video illustrating the activity.
- Beauty: Show how to make, apply, or shop for natural, nontoxic, vegan and cruelty-free beauty products. Assume your reader is familiar with green beauty products but new to detailed application or creation.
- Personal essays: Keep the spotlight on one time in your life; include a perspective shift (let us see that transformation); let us into your thought process (what were your motivations?); and be personal — the more honest and vulnerable you can be about your struggles and victories, the more readers will be inspired by and empathetic to your story!
Tone is everything! Your tone should be inclusive, accessible, inspiring, informative, educational, and generally positive. Help our readers grow and feel inspired!
SOME DO’S AND DON’TS
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original to SexyFitVegan. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. If you claim a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexyfitvegan].
- Include photos that meet our guidelines (see below):
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Provide detailed and practical tips readers can implement easily.
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Send SEO-driven submissions: We can’t use posts from content farms or created to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name. We are unable to accept submissions or bio references that promote a business or service not in line with our philosophy (e.g., a weight-loss gimmick).
- Hyperlink: Please don’t hyperlink. Put relevant links in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexyfitvegan].
To submit, email us at [email protected]:
- Your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post.
- Your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages, in brackets: [http://facebook.com/sexyfitvegan].
- A head shot or photo of you to use for your bio.
THE SMALL-PRINT STUFF:
- Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 7 days with an email confirmation stating the exact date your post is scheduled to publish. If your post has not run within one week of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after 10 days.
- By submitting to SexyFitVegan you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing the SexyFitVegan editorial team deems necessary.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 600 pixels wide by 300 pixels.
- What we look for in yoga, workout, or fitness posts: While a photo submission with these posts is not necessary, it is highly encouraged. The photo (or photos) should be original, of you or a model completing the pose, sequence, or routine you’re writing about, and the image should be high-quality. Each photo should be labeled with the move it’s demonstrating. If you have a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) illustrating the activity, we are happy to include that in the post too.
- What we look for in recipes: When submitting a recipe, be sure to include an original, high-quality photo of your prepared dish.
- SexyFitVegan food photo guidelines: In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, keep in mind the following when submitting:
- We prefer photos taken in natural daylight.
- Neutral tableware and backgrounds work best.
- Photos should be taken on a clean, natural surface such as white marble; white, light gray, or natural wood; or just a clean white surface. Linen and slate are also nice.
- We are looking for the food photos to exude the beauty of good, real, whole foods — the food should be the star with minimal, simple props, when necessary, to enhance the image. (For example, a slice of orange or herbs on the side could work nicely if the recipe calls for it, or an appropriately placed spoon, etc.)
- Close-up shots are often not as nice as giving the dish a little space to breathe and come alive.